If you have an emergency outside of office hours, you may use the following 24-hour contact number for heating and plumbing issues and significant leaks. Before calling, please refer to the information below

Plumbing, Boiler, heating and hot water.

Our engineer will arrange for an engineer to attend if he deems it necessary after a discussion with you. Please note that while an engineer may be able to attend and attempt to resolve during their initial visit, there may be a delay in obtaining parts depending on when the call-out occurs, e.g. weekends or extended holiday periods.

If you have an uncontrollable leak, please turn off your water supply with your stop cock.

If you have a blocked toilet, drain or sink, please attempt to remove the blockage yourself in the first instance. If this is unsuccessful and it is your only facility of this nature, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our emergency plumber. Otherwise, please report via the maintenance inbox.

Leaks from Properties Above If you are suffering a leak and have another property above you, please make every effort to contact your neighbours. The leak’s source must be resolved from within their property in the first instance.

Roof leaks and leaks from above properties roof leaks /leaks from above Roofers cannot ascend to roof spaces during heavy rain, wind or other inclement weather events. If you spot a roof leak outside of office hours, please try to contain any ingress where possible and submit a maintenance report. If you live in a factored development, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the factors out-of-hours service to report a new leak from the roof or external aspects of a building


If you have a total power outage, please check your fuse board and make sure no fuse has tripped the system. Please also check with Scottish Power and your neighbouring properties to ascertain if there is a complete outage in the area. If the issue is within the local area, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Scottish Power for an update. 

If you cannot get hold of the contractor, please source a suitable 24-hour recommended tradesman. Should you have to pay for the service in the interim, we will reimburse you should the fault be deemed a landlord’s responsibility and also deemed an emergency. 

Please also email the maintenance inbox to advise the situation. If, at any time, you smell gas, you must open all the windows, shut off the gas supply at the meter, call Transco on 0800 111 999, and avoid naked flames and all other ignition sources. 

Emergency call-outs are charged at a double time, so before calling them out, you must be sure that the situation is an emergency; otherwise, you could be liable for the charge. You will also be charged if you are responsible for the call-out. For example, if you lose your key and require a locksmith to gain entry to your property, you will be liable for their call-out, labour and material costs. If you require a household appliance to be repaired, please wait until the office is open to report the faultas repairs to appliances are not classed as an emergency. 

To report a fault or maintenance issue, please email: 

[email protected]

Owen Gibb & Sons – Owen on 07738006781 (Gas, central heating and plumbing)

Compare listings